Monday, July 16, 2012

Update: Hope Solo Failed Drug Test

Hope Solo tweeted again about the failed drug test situation:

"I feel bad for those who judge with their eyes &not w/ their hearts.Lets not sensationalize things for the sake of "news" &call it truth..I have nothing to hide.The truth will be told by me,& only by me on 8/14.Until then just keep blabbing away,& ill just continue to work!"


This is what I wanted Solo to avoid and why I did not want her to tweet. Her tone is defensive and critical of those who are reporting on the story. This does nothing to help her win over the public's opinion and actually does the opposite. She is deviating from the message that was in the released statement, which she should not do. Solo needs to stop tweeting about it because all it is doing is rehashing the situation. 


From the tweet, I can gather that she will be doing some sort of interview that will be released on Aug. 14. I think this is a mistake. It only gives her more opportunity to sound angry. 


The focus should be on the Olympics and not Solo trying to set the record straight. The released statement explained the situation and it should be kept at that.     

No comments:

Post a Comment